Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I'm finding that line drawings are useful. I probably drew about 500 tiny lines today and as my hand started to cramp, I finally thought I was learning something. This exercise helped to train my eye. I had to completely concentrate on the length, the stroke and the angle of the line. It reminded me of introductory drawing classes when we had to make contour drawings; we focused completely on the object and tried to mimic the exact curve of the line with out taking the pencil off the paper. That took total concentration and I remembered having the same feeling I did today. I thought, "Oh man, what's the point?" And then, there it was; hand-eye coordination and the smallest details in a single line.

In our 220 class, we presented our games and I didn't understand a lot of them, but they looked really good. Board games are so boring to me, it's difficult for me pay attention when they're being explained to me. However, the details and effort put into these projects from some of my fellow classmates was awesome. A few of them were really intricate and clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment